Welcome to FAB Lovelies!

A Lifestyle blog that focuses on all things from fashion to beauty; fitness to weight loss; recipes to coupons; books to movies; travels to entertainment; and everything in between.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Happy Monday!!


Good morning lovelies!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

Did you do anything special?

I actually went kitty shopping this weekend…  But sadly, didn’t adopt any… Yet…. We actually tried to adopt several different cats, but we kept getting beat out.  We’d finally find a cat we liked and thought would be a good fit, and then someone walks in that just finished the paperwork and they have already adopted that cat!  It was sad seeing them not come home with us, but I am soooo happy that they found a furever home and won’t be staying at the shelter…  That’s all I really want for them, is to have a safe and loving home…  Wish it had been with us…  But I guess it wasn’t meant to be…

We are planning on trying again this afternoon at another shelter so fingers crossed that it works out!  We aren’t sure if we’re going to end up with a kitten or a cat…  I kind of want a cat that is older, as those are usually harder to adopt out, and it would be nice having a mature cat that just wants a good home.  Kittens are a lot of work and I’m not sure I have all that time and energy to start from scratch…  But they are just so darn cute!!  And I’ve been reading about having multiple cat households and it recommends that kittens bond better with adult cats already in the house…  They can be trained to be a multi-cat household whereas older cats are more territorial and might not adjust as well to a multi-cat household.

Adrina and Dolce didn’t get along very well…  They definitely had their ups and downs, but it was never vicious…  I think there was only maybe three or four times they swatted at each other, but I quickly broke it up…  They weren’t best of friends, but they got along for the most part and would often play or chase each other.  Their spats were more about attention, like who got to be petted, held, etc.

I think Dolce is actually missing having someone to play with…  However, she is a bit bossy and weighing in at 16 pounds so she can be a little bit of a bully!!  It’s so hard not knowing whether this new kitten or cat will get along with Dolce…  Most of the cats at the shelter are strays so there’s not much info on them whether they like other cats or dogs or kids, etc.  The shelter does offer a return policy, no questions asked, but I would feel awful bringing home a cat and then dropping it back off at the shelter…  These cats are already sad and heartbroken that their previous owners just ditched them, left them behind, threw them out on the street, etc., don’t need to add to that grief. 

And my heart still hurts and misses Adrina…  And I know that I’m not replacing her…  I just feel like maybe it’s time to fill that empty void in my life…  To open up and share my life with another cat…

So I will keep you posted on whether Dolce gets a new sibling!! 😊

Do you have a multi-cat household?  How do you make it work?  Do you think a kitten or older cat would be a better fit with an already cat household? 

No comments:

Post a Comment