Hello lovelies! It gives me great pleasure today to host Courtney J. Hall and her new book, “A Holiday Wish”! For other stops on her Goddess Fish Promotions Book Tour, please click on the banner above or any of the images in this post.
Be sure to make it to the end of this post to enter to win one of TWO lucky prizes!! Yep – that’s right!! There will be TWO lucky winners during this tour!! ONE lucky winner will win a $20 Amazon or Barnes and Noble Gift Card and a SECOND lucky winner will win a $15 Amazon or Barnes & Noble Gift Card!! Also, come back daily to interact with Courtney and to increase your chances of winning!
Thanks for stopping by! Wishing you lots of luck in this exciting giveaway!
A Holiday Wish
by Courtney J. Hall
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
Noelle Silver has been a wedding planner for six years, and in all that time, the only bride she's failed to get down the aisle is herself. Abandoned by her fiancé and disillusioned with love, Noelle is ready to pack it in and leave town when Brooke St. John, orphaned heiress, offers her a staggering amount of money to do Brooke's Christmas Eve wedding to a much older man.
He gives me a curt nod when he sees me looking. Brooke envelopes me in a hug, as if we’ve known each other for years instead of days.
“Are you sure you’re okay with this?” I ask her. “I mean, with your parents.”
“It’s not ideal. I’ll give you that,” she says with a small smile. “But I knew going in that my options were going to be seriously limited. And I know it’s the best you could do, and that once we’re inside it won’t feel like a—what it is. So yeah. I’m all right with it.”
From the looks of it, though, Everett’s not. A quick glance reveals that his eyes are narrowed, flicking between his sister, me, and the looming “Springhollow Fire Hall” sign that hangs over the entrance. I might be imagining it, but it looks like a spasm of pain contorts his face for a split second.
I want him to know that I’m sorry, that I really didn’t have any other choice. If it were up to me Brooke’s wedding would be in the country club’s Diamond Hall, with its pendant fan vaulted ceiling that makes it look like some European Gothic church. But Everett doesn’t look as if he’d be receptive to an apology. His arms are crossed over his chest, his spine rigid, his mouth closed. So I don’t say a word. It’s not like I think telling him I’m sorry will make him forget what happened to his parents, so why bother?
Five Christmas Gift Ideas for Writers
1. A gift card to a bookstore. As a writer, I’m always reading. And even though I have both a Kindle and a Nook, there’s still something about holding a real book in my hands, which is why my bookshelves continue to groan despite the success of the e-Reader revolution. I also like to buy books on the craft of writing and I much prefer those in physical format, so I can write inside them and dog-ear the pages to find the important parts later.
2. A few months’ supply of coffee. Last Christmas my mom gave me a box with 96 K-cups in four different flavors. It got me through the final three months of drafting A Holiday Wish and a spring and summer of revising and rewriting. Writers need caffeine. Also, think about a mug from which to drink the coffee. There are some super cute ones out there, even those dedicated to writers!
3. A gift card to iTunes (or a subscription to Spotify, Pandora, etc.) Even though I’m one of those writers who can’t actually write with music on, it still serves as a major source of inspiration and I still make playlists to get me in the mood to write.
4. Notebooks and journals. I personally hoard these like they’re going to stop making them one day. There’s something about hand-writing that makes it feel real, and doing it in something with a pretty cover is even better.
5. A sketch pad. Even if you’re not an artist, sometimes it helps to be able to draw a map of your story’s world, or sketch one of your characters. You can’t find everything on Pinterest, believe it or not!
Courtney J. Hall is the author of Some Rise by Sin, a historical romance set in the tumultuous final days of Mary Tudor’s reign, and A Holiday Wish, the first book in the Silver Bells contemporary romance series. She lives in suburban Philadelphia with her husband and a stolen cat.
CONNECT WITH COURTNEY:
Courtney J. Hall will be awarding a $15 or $20 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via Rafflecopter during the tour.
**This post contains affiliate links and if clicked and a purchase made I may receive a small commission to help support this blog. This does not cost you anything, it just helps pay for all those awesome giveaways on here.**
This contest is sponsored by a third party. Fabulous and Brunette is a registered host of Goddess Fish Promotions. Prizes are given away by the sponsors and not Fabulous and Brunette. The featured author and Goddess Fish Promotions are solely responsible for the giveaway prize.