Welcome to FAB Lovelies!

A Lifestyle blog that focuses on all things from fashion to beauty; fitness to weight loss; recipes to coupons; books to movies; travels to entertainment; and everything in between.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year!  Okay I know what you're thinking – yes, it’s February 1st not January 1st.  I am aware that I am technically a month late from the normal tradition.

I've always been a believer in New Year Resolutions.  I think it’s important for people to want to make positive changes in their lives.  Now I don’t think you have to wait for the New Year to make changes, but I do think it is a great time to reflect on your life and determine how your life can be better or fuller.

However, I feel like the month of January is swarmed with people trying to make those changes and often get off to either a rocky start or get easily discouraged.  It’s almost like a competition – who can lose the most weight, who will be the first to see results, who will complete their resolutions list first.  It gets to the point where I think people get confused and side tracked on what their resolutions truly meant.  It shouldn't be a competition with others.  If anything it should be a competition with yourself.  Your resolutions should be a list of items that improve your life, your family’s, and your community.

So over the past few years I thought I’d try something new; I would start my New Year’s Resolutions February 1st instead of like most of the world who starts on January 1st.  The extra month allows me to consider and construct a more refined resolutions list.  Plus, it gives me an extra month to finish all my leftover Christmas candy.  This late New Year’s Resolutions start has helped me stay on task and focus on the positive life changes I want to make.

Here are my top 10 New Year’s Resolutions:

1.    Workout at least 3x a week
2.    Reconnect with friends, spend more time together, and build a stronger relationship with them
3.    Talk to grandparents at least once a week
4.   Volunteer at least once a month
5.    Test and post reviews of at least 3 products a week
6.   Connect with and increase readership numbers
7.    Make sure girls [Dolce and Adrina] get daily play/exercise
8.   Drink at least one less [diet] soda a day
9.   Drink at least three bottles of water a day
10. Re-learn and practice French

What are your New Year’s Resolutions?  What do you think of the late start idea?


No comments:

Post a Comment