Welcome to FAB Lovelies!

A Lifestyle blog that focuses on all things from fashion to beauty; fitness to weight loss; recipes to coupons; books to movies; travels to entertainment; and everything in between.

Monday, October 20, 2014

"Low Back Pain Program" by Sherwin A. Nicholson Ebook Review


As a chronic pain patient I am always looking for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) for pain relief.  So I was very excited to be asked to try and review the "Low Back Pain Program" by Sherwin A. Nicholson.


Check out their website here: www.lowbackpainprogram.com


This book contains five exercise categories, forty-five exercises, and over 170 detailed illustrations.  Each category also has illustrations that detail what section of the body you are working on.  Each exercise is illustrated and detailed steps are listed to help you perform the exercise properly.

The author strongly recommends that you read the entire book and perform the exercises in order without skipping any of them.

This book contains five exercise categories that each cover and target different stages and levels your body will perform.  Category one, also referred to as the Limited Mobility Exercises, is the perfect beginning level that can help everyone from a novice to an expert get started into an exercise routine.  Category one focuses on increasing motion and flexibility while also relieving tension on muscles and joints.  There are thirteen exercises in category one and they should continue to be performed until the level is mastered and exercises can be completed with ease.  I spent five days practicing category one.  As a regular yoga and pilates practitioner I was already familiar with some of the exercises and was able to perform this section with ease so I moved onto stage two.

Category two, also referred to as Progressive Exercises, focuses on strengthening, adding stability, and reinstating flexibility.  Category two consists of nineteen exercises that are a bit more difficult than the previous category.  I spent ten days on this level before mastering it and being able to move on to category three.

Category three, also referred to as Challenging Exercises, focuses more on reducing fatigue and improving stamina.  This level is even tougher than the previous two and contains thirteen exercises.  I spent twelve days on this section.  I had some difficulty on this level and found myself struggling to get through all the exercises with ease.  I liked the challenges this section put on my body and it motivated me to push harder. 

Category four, also referred to as Maintenance Exercises, focuses on maintaining and conditioning your muscles.  There are eleven exercises in this section and all of them are from the previous categories that have been combined in this section to integrate them into your maintenance routine.  The author strongly recommends these exercises to be performed on a weekly basis.

Category five, also referred to as Supportive Exercises, offers beneficial exercises to be added to your daily regimen for additional support.  This section is more of a recommendation to add standard, widely popular and practiced exercise moves and stretches to your already created exercise plan.

At the very end of the book there are exercise worksheets that help you track which category you are on and how you rate the level of each exercise.  I thought this was a great idea and so useful, because days sometimes blur and I tend to forget how I thought each exercise felt the day before or the week before, etc.  This worksheet helped me keep on task and track when it was time to move up to the next category.

I loved how these exercises could be performed anytime and anywhere.  I was able to complete these exercises while I was watching TV shows and movies.  There were even some mornings that I was able to start my exercise routine in my bed.  However, for the majority of the program I performed these exercises on a yoga mat in my living room.

I really liked that all the exercises had thorough information and detailed illustrations to help identify and complete the exercises correctly.  Several of the illustrations even had arrows and axis lines to help guide you to perform the exercise accurately.

I also liked that most of the exercises offered a tip at the bottom that explained information on how to do the exercise even better or explained how the exercise is working and how it is helping relieve pain.


I have definitely noticed a positive difference after partaking in this program.  I feel stronger and have more motion and flexibility than I had before completing this program.  I feel I have less fatigue, less tension, and somewhat less pain.  As a chronic pain patient I know that the pain will never completely go away, but participating in pain management programs like this one, has provided significant and beneficial results to reducing the pain and improving my range of motion.  I would definitely recommend this program if you are a chronic pain patient or have acute low back pain or someone who is a beginner to exercise as this program offers so much detailed information and guidance.


Be sure to place your order and check out their website here: www.lowbackpainprogram.com




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment